(MARRS-RX7) MARRS6 Youtube video from my carlookingbackwards1st 2 laps

brian@ogracing brian
Tue Aug 5 00:00:32 CEST 2008

True, but it might buy another lap.  If the first lap takes 1:50 vs 1:40,
that could mean the difference before the checkered is thrown to end the
session.  Plus, the faster cars will pass me back, anyway.  ;-)

My point was, what is the point?  The Mini I was referring to looked like a
caged animal, scared as hell and didn't know where to go to avoid trouble.
Scrubbing tires before a race is one thing... since the pace lap is so slow,
but weaving, especially when crossing over the center of the track (like we
were told not to in '07) does very little for the tires compared to just
doing an 80-90% opening lap.  It's your prerogative, but if that is your
choice, stay on line and allow others by, don't block the whole track AND
weave.  That's all I have to say.

  _____

From: spec7-bounces at specrx7.com [mailto:spec7-bounces at specrx7.com] On Behalf
Of Gervais, Al
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2008 5:44 PM
To: spec7 at specrx7.com
Subject: Re: (MARRS-RX7) MARRS6 Youtube video from my carlookingbackwards1st
2 laps

I did that in the AM and had slow traffic in front of me the first time I
came off T10..  Decided to hang back in the afternoon and it worked well.
Not good to weave and catch the unwary off guard, but on the other hand
since we're already lined up more or less in speed order based on AM times,
passing the faster cars on the outlap doesn't buy much.