(MARRS-RX7) couple questions

AUGUST MATULA amc.fab
Sat Oct 11 19:17:16 CEST 2008

I'll be towing to the track, I just think it would be fun to rive it around other than the track. well i hope it doesn't rain since i realy don't thave the time to get a set of RA1 I had considered just getting a good det of street tires just to beat on till i get used to the car and then switch to the spec tires once i get a better idea what i'm doing.  plus i can use them for just running around town when I feel like driving it. As for the cam how important is having one with image stablizing? i found a cool little hd cam that is 170 bucks.

Danny Matula
AMC Fabricators, llc
ph# 540 295 7694
Fax# 1-800-763-1731

Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 22:52:16 -0400
From: AGervais at newcorp.com
To: spec7 at specrx7.com
Subject: Re: (MARRS-RX7) couple questions

Re: (MARRS-RX7) couple questions

Hi Danny,

   FATT's are run rain or shine.  For the rain we run unshaved Toyo RA1's.  They offer good grip in the wet and wick water away nicely.  But if you don't have any, the shaved toyos still offer very good grip on a moderately wet track compared to street rubber with more tread.  At least until it starts raining heavily, then full treads are the ticket.

   As for driving to the track, many of us have over the years but not so much any more.  I stopped when I started doing the away races and bought a trailer.  But prior to that I did the 40 mile drive to Summit many times and used my spec 7 as a street car when my daily driver was broken.

   I always run a camera for races, but I'm running an old High 8 Sony.  Useful, but the quality of the analog video isn't very good.  I realized this when Kevin Bailey was kind enough to share his MARRS 9 video with me.  Very good quality.  Whatever Kevin is using, get one of those.  -Al G