(MARRS-RX7) FW: Car Insurance May Not Cover You at the Track

Steven Wolfson stevewolfson
Wed Oct 22 18:32:43 CEST 2008

Good point Al (about net worth), but lets not forget, the guy who
plucks down big bucks for that F355 can afford the policy for that
track day. In 1985, we took a brand new RX7 GSL-SE (a $15,000 car) to
"The Longest Day at Nelsons Ledges". One of the drivers insisted in
insurance, a $3,300 weekend policy for racing with Lloyds of London.
Said driver flipped and rolled, and the policy paid off. But, for
$3300 today we could just buy another car. Point is, if the car is
worth that much, there is a way to insure it for racing, all depends
on how much your will to pay, or risk.