(MARRS-RX7) FW: Car Insurance May Not Cover You at the Track

Gervais, Al AGervais
Wed Oct 22 20:01:04 CEST 2008

Strange place to wreck...  I'm guessing the driver crested the hill and
hadn't anticipated the curve to the road and fought to get back to the
right while on the grass..  Or maybe something broke.

From: spec7-bounces at specrx7.com [mailto:spec7-bounces at specrx7.com] On
Behalf Of M. Y. M. Mohamed
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 1:31 PM
To: Spec RX-7
Subject: Re: (MARRS-RX7) FW: Car Insurance May Not Cover You at the
Track

I remember Jeff Stahley in a 355 Challenge at the 2001 Summit National.
He was in a dog fight with a corvette, but then slipped off (grass was
soaked) and rolled it at least once.  Not a single panel wasn't bent.
About a year later, he was quoted in the Post at an arrive and drive for
Bentley.  I think it's fair to say that folks who play in that price
range have themselves covered (except maybe the guy in the R8 at VIR
that was taunting the racing gods).

One of the front office guys at Road Atlanta was telling me about a guy
who rented the track for a day to bring his new Lambo there.  At the end
of the day, he called his wife, "Honey, I bought a Lamborghini.  Honey,
I need you to come get me."  The Lambo had crashed outside of turn 12.
A quick google search, however, suggests that the story may have been
embelished when I heard it - I can't imagine that two guys had the same
wreck, same spot.
http://www.z06vette.com/forums/f4/why-i-dont-like-road-atlanta-ouch-4605
4/  Pictures in the first post, and an explanation further down.

Yusuf