(MARRS-RX7) FW: Car Insurance May Not Cover You at the Track

Alex C. alexanderanson
Wed Oct 22 20:13:54 CEST 2008

Lol..

-----Original Message-----
From: spec7-bounces at specrx7.com [mailto:spec7-bounces at specrx7.com] On Behalf
Of John Geidl
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 1:50 PM
To: Spec RX-7
Subject: Re: (MARRS-RX7) FW: Car Insurance May Not Cover You at the Track

If the guy had stayed on the toll road at 3:15 am Saturday, he wouldn't have
had to contend with turn one.

From: Alex C. <alexanderanson at gmail.com>
To: "'Spec RX-7'" <spec7 at specrx7.com>
Date: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 11:18 AM

Just playing devils advocate here, but I had another thought about all of
this as I was falling asleep last night.  What about this example:

A guy goes out and buys a Ferrari F355, always wanted one and had the money
to do it.  He's always wanted to push the limits of the car a bit, but knows
that the safest environment to do that at is a track day or FATT.  He goes
to the track and has a minor issue - Lets say he bakes way to late into turn
one, loses control (in a straight line) and takes the lower fascia off the
car and spears the tire wall with just enough force that it looks like he
did about a 15 mph collision with a car at a stop light.  Now, this guy did
the right thing - he didn't go out and risk his life and others by playing
on the toll road at 315 in the morning one Saturday to test his car, and
while his car is fixable, he still has to pay.  Its just Ironic to me,
because that's what these cars are here for  - to go fast and to have fun
(and with some of them, to look good while doing it).  If this wasn't to be
the case, we would still be using Hitler's idea of the "peoples car" and all
of us would be driving around in black VW bugs.  I guess what I'm saying is
that people that go to the track to do it the right way shouldn't be
punished.

Now I'm seriously rethinking wanting to take my 350Z out to the track,
although I have wanted to for some time.  Its not like I wanted to do it
multiple times and beat the heck out of it, but I really would have loved to
hear that thing whine down the front straight going into turn one while
looking at the speedo to see how fast I was able to take it.

- Alex