(MARRS-RX7) Rotor Housings? WTF

Bill #77 77
Mon Oct 27 20:08:11 CET 2008

Quoting Bill McCabe <thebillmccabe at gmail.com>, 10/27/2008:

> Ok say the Junkyard scounge lasts for a year or two and then what? I guess a
> ford or chevy small block does fit.

Pist-ons!?! We will burn you at the stake. (While eating steak! ;)

I already have the solution: http://specrx8.com/  ;-D

Seriously, we have probably a decade before usable 12A housings become
that hard to get. And there is at least one place that can coat old
housings with a ceramic coating that makes them good as new. NOT legal
now, but we will adapt as-needed. And if they become that hard to get
(read $$$), the free market will probably find Racing Beat or somebody
making new housings.

Worse comes to worse, who would complain (besides me) about spec'ing a
13B or RENESIS? There are already about 400,0000 RENESIS engines in
the World, and it's still in production.  Heck, the 16X will be out by
then with 300+ horses!

Sooooo in-short, I'm optimistic.

  - Bill
    SRX7 #77(RIP) & #79          Go Racing NOW!