(MARRS-RX7) Rotor Housings? WTF

Gervais, Al AGervais
Mon Oct 27 20:39:31 CET 2008

You think the school was fun, wait till you get to the MARRS weekends
and it's 16 lap (or maybe more next season) races! It's a different
world..

From: spec7-bounces at specrx7.com [mailto:spec7-bounces at specrx7.com] On
Behalf Of Bill McCabe
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2008 3:37 PM
To: Spec RX-7
Subject: Re: (MARRS-RX7) Rotor Housings? WTF

Thanks!!! It was a great time and I am looking for ward to the spring
school!!!

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 3:30 PM, Gervais, Al <AGervais at newcorp.com>
wrote:

Renesis adapter kit for first gens..  Let's start designing them now..

Bill, you did well in the school, especially since you had to adapt to a
second car in the middle of the day yesterday.  Saw you get squirrely a
couple of times in T8 as you were learning to drive Owen's car..  Must
have been fun!

A very good school all around, and a great group of students.  The
weather on Saturday was the worst I've ever seen at driver's school and
we had a large number of drivers who had never been on track at Summit
or been in their race cars before.. Add a monsoon and put them on dry
tires and you have a body shop's wet dream..  But we didn't have a
single significant car crunching episode all weekend and the group
looked VERY racy by Sunday afternoon..  The General Li won the school
race after beating a fast ITA CRX piloted by a kid who looked 12, and
drove very well..  We had 2 Spec 7's, John Maslin in the Spec he just
bought from Tom Bourne, and Kevin Hutchins in the Spec has been running
at HPDE's this season.  Kevin was one of the unfortunate souls who had
to run Saturday with no rain tires, but he made the best of it and kept
it on track.  By yesterday, both were running very good times in the
dry.  Unfortunately, John snapped an axle and missed the final session
and practice starts, but I think he's good to go for MARRS 1.
Unfortunately we only had late axles at the track, and his rear uses
early hardware. But the way he was driving, he'll fit right in and
looked totally ready to race to me.  Kevin had a great first school and
was pushing the RX-7 HARD by yesterday and was almost always on the
"Cars that are hitting turn-in, apex and exit" list during debrief.
Great job by both Spec new guys, and Bill as well..  -AG