(MARRS-RX7) New Guy

AUGUST MATULA amc.fab
Sat Nov 1 07:58:44 CET 2008

Congrats,    Unfourtanatly I have to wait untill the april school to get everything done so I can get out and run with everyone, but atleast I have the winter to go over the car top to bottom and try and learn what i can in the off season.

Danny Matula
AMC Fabricators, llc
ph# 540 295 7694
Fax# 1-800-763-1731

Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 22:10:50 -0400
From: fastandwily at verizon.net
To: spec7 at specrx7.com
Subject: Re: (MARRS-RX7) New Guy

John,

Congrats on finishing your classes.

Welcome aboard.

Scott

From:
spec7-bounces at specrx7.com [mailto:spec7-bounces at specrx7.com] On Behalf Of John Maslin

Sent: Friday, October 31, 2008
9:04 PM

To: spec7 at specrx7.com

Subject: (MARRS-RX7) New Guy

Greetings,

My name is John Maslin.  I have met many of you at the track and
have been following the mailing list for a while.  I finally
bought a Spec RX7, and completed racing school requirements last weekend
at Summit, so I
thought it was time to sign on.

As Al noted earlier in the week, I lost an axle just before the
school 5 lap race, but luckily passed anyway.  I want to thank all
those who tried to come up with an axle.  Bill McCabe offered the one out
of his broken car, and Owen Scheffer pulled it out.  Unfortunately it
was a big axle, not the narrow one I have.  Al came up with a
spare that was also too big.  Dave and Bret looked for one too, as
did Brian Thorpe.  Thanks to you all.

I also want to thank those I have pestered with so many questions
over the last two seasons, especially Al, Matt, Bill and Barry.  It is
daunting task to get everything done and try to make the right decisions to
make this happen.  I simply coud not have done it without your guidance on
everything from cars to maintenance to spare parts to trailers.  This
mailing list has been a great help, too.

I have seen almost every race in 2007 & 2008 and have been
impressed by the level of competition throughout the field, and also
impressed by the level of sportsmanship displayed both on and off the
track.  Not one call to the tower from racing (despite close competition),
and generous assistance in the paddock, as I experienced first-hand last
weekend.

I look forward to racing with you.  I only wish it weren't
such a long time until MARRS 1.

John