(MARRS-RX7) split air pipe question

Gervais, Al AGervais
Wed Nov 5 21:54:33 CET 2008

Split air pipe?  Is that the pipe that used to run to the cats?

From: spec7-bounces at specrx7.com [mailto:spec7-bounces at specrx7.com] On
Behalf Of Alex C.
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 3:51 PM
To: 'Spec RX-7'
Subject: (MARRS-RX7) split air pipe question

I'm wondering if I made a big mistake here..

What would happen if you blocked off the split air pipe outlet from the
engine?  I think I must have misunderstood someone a while back
(seriously..probably around 8-9 months ago) and thought that I could run
the car without it.  After talking with a few people and noticing that
Racing Beat's test pipe still had the adapter, I'm starting to think
it's pretty important and could be the reason why my car is running like
crap.  Thoughts?

- Alex