(MARRS-RX7) Put a HANS on the list...

Bill #77 77
Thu Nov 13 23:15:21 CET 2008

Quoting Gregg S Ginsberg <gregg at ginsberg.org>, 11/13/2008:

> This was a Honda S2000 w/ aftermarket roll cage (but not fill cage
> IIRC) and hard top. He had run 1:24's earlier in the day. The car
> missed T1 and hit the retaining wall broadside all the way on the
> far left--an area where there were no stacks of tires. Given that
> I've been T-Boned at 70+ mph while wearing a HANS and how the car
> impacted a cement wall backed up by a huge berm (ie. no give), a
> HANS would likely have had no effect.

The HANS *absolutely* would have helped. The HANS is far more
effective in side impacts than belts alone. Might not have saved him,
but just might have.

An S2k forum member who I assume to be Rob Robinette did some crash analysis:
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=647468&st=200&#entry14735596

  - Bill
    SRX7 #77(RIP) & #79          Go Racing NOW!