(MARRS-RX7) Put a HANS on the list...

brian@ogracing brian
Thu Nov 13 23:15:21 CET 2008

Guys, this is how the rumor mill gets started.  Gregg, I am not saying that
your information is wrong, but it is believed the cause of the incident was
some type of brake failure.  While a HANS device might not have been any
help in this case, it certainly would not have hurt the situation.  That is
all I am going to say here.

I was there, know pretty much what happened, have had a very difficult week
because I knew Cale, and I am taking off tomorrow to go to his memorial
service in Hagerstown.  So, if you have any questions about the incident, or
about a HANS or R3, please do not hesitate to call me at OG Racing, or come
in and see me.

Thank you,
Brian Hair
OG Racing
1-800-934-9112 Ext. 14
(703) 430-3303 Ext. 14
brian at ogracing.com

  _____

From: spec7-bounces at specrx7.com [mailto:spec7-bounces at specrx7.com] On Behalf
Of Gregg S Ginsberg
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 4:57 PM
To: Spec RX-7
Subject: Re: (MARRS-RX7) Put a HANS on the list...

This was a Honda S2000 w/ aftermarket roll cage (but not fill cage IIRC) and
hard top. He had run 1:24's earlier in the day. The car missed T1 and hit
the retaining wall broadside all the way on the far left--an area where
there were no stacks of tires. Given that I've been T-Boned at 70+ mph while
wearing a HANS and how the car impacted a cement wall backed up by a huge
berm (ie. no give), a HANS would likely have had no effect.

An ISAAC...maybe.

Gregg Scott Ginsberg, Principal CLP
571.482.7695 (office / cell) | 866.597.9382 (fax)
Email <mailto:Gregg%20S%20Ginsberg%20%3Cgregg at ginsberg.org%3E>  | Blog
<http://www.ginsberg.org>  | AIM: S2000Gregg