(MARRS-RX7) Put a HANS on the list...

brian@ogracing brian
Thu Nov 13 23:46:19 CET 2008

You are correct, sir!

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: spec7-bounces at specrx7.com [mailto:spec7-bounces at specrx7.com] On Behalf
Of Bill #77
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 5:15 PM
To: spec7 at specrx7.com
Subject: Re: (MARRS-RX7) Put a HANS on the list...

Quoting Gregg S Ginsberg <gregg at ginsberg.org>, 11/13/2008:

> This was a Honda S2000 w/ aftermarket roll cage (but not fill cage
> IIRC) and hard top. He had run 1:24's earlier in the day. The car
> missed T1 and hit the retaining wall broadside all the way on the
> far left--an area where there were no stacks of tires. Given that
> I've been T-Boned at 70+ mph while wearing a HANS and how the car
> impacted a cement wall backed up by a huge berm (ie. no give), a
> HANS would likely have had no effect.

The HANS *absolutely* would have helped. The HANS is far more effective in
side impacts than belts alone. Might not have saved him, but just might
have.

An S2k forum member who I assume to be Rob Robinette did some crash
analysis:
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=647468&st=200&#entry14735596

  - Bill
    SRX7 #77(RIP) & #79          Go Racing NOW!