(MARRS-RX7) clutch

Matthew Stutt mstutt
Sat Nov 15 17:15:08 CET 2008

If only we had an archive of the old list traffic...this one has seen alot
of discussion.

You've gotten good advise, here.

Two influencing factors when choosing a clutch, IMO.  What will not overheat
and fail and what is not so abrupt that you blow up transmissions, axles
etc.  I believe strongly in the sprung hub, 'pucked' clutches for
durability.  Pressure plate...whatever is cheapest at this point, though the
typical logic is that the stock pressure plate has enough clamb to not slip
badly on hard up shifts.  The stock one also weighs a little less than the
aftermarket.

Also, if memory serves, ACT is expensive.  I've always bought my stuff from
Racing Beat/MazdaTrix (clutchnet brand?)...less than 300 for the pressure
plate and clutch disk.  Could be wrong about the details, but the price
difference b/t the two was non-trivial the last time I checked.