(MARRS-RX7) So it looks as though my LSD is going in my streetcar...

Alex C. alexanderanson
Wed Oct 7 17:10:02 CEST 2009

Darn.

So a rebuild - I've never done that before.  Is there a kit out there
someplace?

-----Original Message-----
From: spec7-bounces at specrx7.com [mailto:spec7-bounces at specrx7.com] On Behalf
Of Matthew Stutt
Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 11:05 AM
To: Spec RX-7
Subject: Re: (MARRS-RX7) So it looks as though my LSD is going in my
streetcar...

The bearings are different sizes, making the axle housings also subject to
the early/late difference.

Just rebuild the rear end.

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 10:56 AM, Alex C. <alexanderanson at gmail.com> wrote:

The problem I have though is that its an '82.  All the spare parts I have
are for '84+.

So I was thinking - is it possible to take out the LSD, the axles, and
driveshaft from an early LSD housing and replace them with parts from the
later models?  From what I have read, the only differences that I know of
between the two model rears is that the axle diameter is smaller and that
the driveshaft is different.  Other then that, I don't know of any reason
off the top of my head that would cause this not to work.  Any suggestions?

- Alex