(MARRS-RX7) there, i fixed it

AUGUST MATULA amc.fab
Mon Oct 19 22:01:48 CEST 2009

the biggest learning curve for me was the much smaller amount of warning the ra1 tires give compared to street tires.. it was kinda like "oh thats what u were trying to say" as i went backwards into the kitty litter in turn 3 ---------- Sent from my Verizon Wireless mobile phone

-----Original Message-----
From: Theo Abramovich
Sent: 10/19/2009 8:46:10 AM
To: Spec RX-7
Subject: Re: (MARRS-RX7) there, i fixed it
"They also like to be driven almost sideways through the corner, and that takes a little while to get comfortable with."

As I remember with my street FB back when I used to drive it around like a jackass when I was 19, it'd let you know when it was gonna let the rear go. It sorta asked, "Are you really sure you wanna do this?" Something about the feeling of the car...
Once the rear was on it's way to visit the front end, be it either induced by e-brake, excess throttle in a low gear with enough steering angle, or hard braking (but not enough to lock up the front) with enough steering angle; if you reduced any of the inputs that was causing this, the rear would catch and you'd be on your way. If you didn't reduce any inputs, that's okay too, because you could easily keep control of it.... I think the only time I put it into a full 180 when I didn't want to was when I had bald rear tires in the wet or snow.

This is something I miss in my 2nd gen.