(MARRS-RX7) Upcoming competition committee meeting

Jack Burrows rx7rainman
Mon Nov 16 22:55:22 CET 2009

Hey all,

The DC Region competition committee will be meeting next Saturday morning,
and I'd like to know if anyone's got any gripes, requests, suggestions, or
concerns that might be put out there.

For example, how did everyone feel about our 2009 run group?

Preferences regarding tracks for out-of-region MARRS events?

Or the  Saturday format with the morning qualifying session and afternoon
sprint race with the best time from either session determining Sunday's race
grid?

You may not have heard, but the 12-hour will not happen in 2010.  As it
stands right now, the DC Region's 2010 racing schedule at Summit point is
pretty much cast in stone as follows:

March 27-28             Drivers School
April 24-25               MARRS
June 5-6                  MARRS
June 25-26              MARRS
August 7-8              MARRS
Sept 4-5-6               Double MARRS (Labor day)
October 2-3             MARRS

Note that there's a big hole in May.  Mothers' day weekend in mid-May has
generally been the date of the double at VIR.  This year's Northeast
Division schedule shows a double at New Jersey.  So the question could well
arise as to if there's a preference for New Jersey of VIR.  In that event,
i'd like to know if there's some sort of majority preference.

Please let me know what you think, so I can argue our case if necessary.

Jack Burrows
SRX7 #71