(MARRS-RX7) Upcoming competition committee meeting

Jack Burrows rx7rainman
Tue Nov 17 00:44:21 CET 2009

Yes, Kevin, you make a good point about there also being no Summit Point
MARRS in the schedule in July as well as may.  Considering that (1) we don't
want to schedue back-to-back race weekends and (2) that the "July hole" in
our schedule extends from June 26-27 to August 7-8, that would leave us with
two "window weekends":  July 10-11, July 17-18, and July 24-25.  .

According to the current NEDiv schedule, there is no regional scheduled for
the weekend of July 17-18.  There is a regional scheduled at New Jersey the
weekend of July 10-11, and a regional scheduled at Watkins Glen the weekend
of July 24-25.

Bear in mind, I don't have a copy of the Southeast Division's schedule,
which would show race dates at places like VIR and Carolina Motorpsorts.
 But going by the NEDiv schedule along and assuming VIR will keep its
traditional Mat date, it could also be possible to consider out-of-region
MARRS events at either New Jersey and/or Watkins Glen.  (The "and" part of
that and/or would make for one heck of a tight schedule, but I merely
mention it as a possibility.

Jack Burrows