(MARRS-RX7) Competition Committee Meeting - Out-of-Region MARRS

Jack Burrows rx7rainman
Sat Nov 21 21:22:54 CET 2009

Another thing that was discussed at today's competition committee meeting
was out-of-region MARRS events for 2010.  As it stands right now, the
schedule calls for three out-of-region MARRS races on two weekends.

First is the double MARRS/SARRC event Mothers' day weekend at VIR.

Second is a single MARRS at NJRP in June.  I apologize for not having a
specific date on this, but my NEDiv schedule sheet got misplaced at the
meeting.

We received a request for a fourth out-of-region MARRS to be held later in
the season at NJRP.  The competition committee deferred action on that
request.

Another issue which has been bubbling recently (but which doesn't affect us
directly as a race class) is the fact that the DC Region did not request a
date for a National Championship race in 2010.  The Region's board also
chose not to hold the 12-hour race in 2010.

The competition committee will be meeting again in early December to discuss
such things as race groups and weekend format for the 2010 season.

I realize this message may raise questions, and I'll do my best to answer
them or find the answers.  More information will come as I get it.

Jack Burrows
SRX7 #71