(MARRS-RX7) Competition Committee Meeting - Out-of-Region MARRS

Jack Burrows rx7rainman
Tue Nov 24 15:03:17 CET 2009

There's been a lot of discussion and debate about dropping next year's
National.  There's also been a great deal of turmoil on the Region's board,
which has made if difficult to pin down the reasons for the board's action.
 To make a long story short, it appears one of the main reasons was that the
National was dropped because it fell short of budget projections.  The
competition committee voted to urge the board to get the National back and
is working on a plan to show how it can meet the board's financial
expectations.

Yes, your question does indeed raise a number of questions and issues which
have been  hotly discussed recently.  Since I'm not sure this is the proper
forum in which to discuss them, I'll be glad to go into them with you
"off-line" on my other email address, which is JohnJackBurrows at aol.com.

And yes, I certainly do remember when we (and every other track in the
Northeast Division) ran two Nationals/year.  That created a situation where
Nationals were "over-raced" and hurt entries everywhere.  So the DC Region
spearheaded a move to reduce the National schedule to one race per track per
season.  Since I was RE at the time and generally led that move, I'll be
glad to discuss that with you off-line as well.

Jack