(MARRS-RX7) Brake issues

Keith Shugarts shugartk
Tue Apr 20 05:10:08 CEST 2010

> 2)       The brake booster itself is bad

You'd feel that. You'd bust a gut trying to stop the thing.

The pedal went all the way to the floor (and not in an OMG there is air in the lines way) in 1 and 5 trying to get it hauled down and I even lifted at around 90 going into 1 and broke at one of the earliest braking points in order to get it hauled down.

Same with 5, right out of 4 I'd get on the binders to be able to haul the car down in order to make 5.

I put all of my 240lbs into that brake pedal and it was reluctant to stop.

Another symptom to mention is that the pedal is firm when the car is off but when it is turned on and driven the firmness goes away and the pedal becomes as flacid as a 90-year old with prostate problem

Additionally, the brake pedal never really got worse throughout the session, it just stayed long and I had to go deep to get it to slow. The brakes did not fade, they just were not as there as they should have been. Also, pumping the pedal had no effect, it did not bring the firmness up, it still stayed long.