(MARRS-RX7) Grid order for MARRS 1 qualifying session

Dave Ade daveade
Tue Apr 20 17:53:29 CEST 2010

I think we should do split starts again. It meant for a cleaner start and we at least got a chance to do some racing by ourselves for a while, even though we all got lapped at least once.

-Dave

Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 11:37:06 -0400
From: rx7rainman at gmail.com
To: spec7 at specrx7.com
Subject: (MARRS-RX7) Grid order for MARRS 1 qualifying session

The question has arisen about how we'd prefer to be gridded for the Saturday morning qualifying session at MARRS 1.  As you know, our race group also includes ITA, IT7, and T3.  As of today, there are 28 cars registered for our group and just under half (13) are Spec RX7s. With that in mind:

Do we want to be gridded separately from other classes?
Does it make any difference to you?

Since the cars in other classes are generally faster than our cars and the purpose would supposedly be to keep us from getting in each others' ways as long as possible, we would probably be sent out last if we're gridded separately.  If we had a 40-car race group that could theoretically shorten our qualifying session by one lap due to the amount of time required to get so many cars off the grid; but given the size of our group that shouldn't be a factor.  So it really comes down to having as much relatively clear track time as possible.

Please think about it and let me know how you feel about it ASAP so I can get back to the grid folks in time for them to put it in place.

Thanks,

Jack Burrows
SRX7 #71