(MARRS-RX7) Grid order for MARRS 1 qualifying session

Paul Hale Sr. paulhalesr
Wed Apr 21 19:41:18 CEST 2010

I think that we should just start together.

Paul HAle

-----Original Message-----
From: spec7-bounces at specrx7.com [mailto:spec7-bounces at specrx7.com] On
Behalf Of Jack Burrows
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 10:37 AM
To: Spec RX-7
Subject: (MARRS-RX7) Grid order for MARRS 1 qualifying session

The question has arisen about how we'd prefer to be gridded for the
Saturday morning qualifying session at MARRS 1.  As you know, our race
group also includes ITA, IT7, and T3.  As of today, there are 28 cars
registered for our group and just under half (13) are Spec RX7s. With
that in mind:

Do we want to be gridded separately from other classes?

Does it make any difference to you?

Since the cars in other classes are generally faster than our cars and
the purpose would supposedly be to keep us from getting in each others'
ways as long as possible, we would probably be sent out last if we're
gridded separately.  If we had a 40-car race group that could
theoretically shorten our qualifying session by one lap due to the
amount of time required to get so many cars off the grid; but given the
size of our group that shouldn't be a factor.  So it really comes down
to having as much relatively clear track time as possible.

Please think about it and let me know how you feel about it ASAP so I
can get back to the grid folks in time for them to put it in place.

Thanks,

Jack Burrows

SRX7 #71