(MARRS-RX7) A HUGE thanks to Al and Dave

Gervais, Al AGervais
Mon May 10 05:38:34 CEST 2010

John, I love a good conspiracy and it was fun plotting behind your back to get you out there! I have to admit that I was a little worried we weren't going to be able to pull it off when we first saw the car, but she sure polished up nice and you got up to speed quickly. Well done! Just got home. Long drive. took a wrong turn and ended up in Appomatox.. But it was a terrific weekend of good friends, good racing and some very decent Carolina liquid refreshments. Looking forward to seeing you up here in June. And finally seeing Uftring mazda museum was a hoot!  We got some nice pics of the SRX's in action. Will be on facebook soon.  Time for bed.. -AG

----- Original Message -----
From: spec7-bounces at specrx7.com <spec7-bounces at specrx7.com>
To: Spec RX-7 <spec7 at specrx7.com>
Sent: Sun May 09 21:14:08 2010
Subject: (MARRS-RX7) A HUGE thanks to Al and Dave

Hey Folks,

Natasha is the most awesome wife I could ever hope to find, Al and
Dave are two of the best friends anyone could wish to have. Bar none.

To make a long story short my Spec7 has needed a few hours of work to
make it raceable and I have not had the time to do it. Between work
and family, it's just been pushed to the back burner. That all changed
Saturday night. Natasha, Al, and Dave, with help from Steve and Pam
Figura, conspired and schemed to get me back on track. Natasha lead Al
and Dave back to our house at which time Al (Mechanic #1) and Dave
(mechanic #2) proceded to finish putting together number 94. When it
was running they dragged it up to VIR so I could run on Sunday. Which
I did. Being that this was SARRC/MARRS, I was given a choice of
running either. I chose to run MARRS, knowing that I could have run
SARRC and taken 1st place. No way that's gonna happen. I want to earn
a top podium spot, not just shop up and claim it. I started last on
the grid and finished fourth of four in SRX7, and man it's fooking
great to be back in the seat of the 7.

It's been ~4.5 years since I've run the 7, bumming rides and begging
waivers to keep my competition license. Well, I no longer have to bum
rides, and I'll be damned if I request another waiver.

I'll not say any more and allow Al to post his usual killer write-up.

Needless to say, Natasha and I are already planning our next trips to
Summit. We'll be up for the Double unless something physically
prevents us from being there. We also think that we'll be heading up
to Summit for MARRS 5 at the end of June, but that's tentative at this
point.

Words are not sufficient to express my deep heartfelt thanks to Al and
Dave. You guys are kick @$$ friends. Thank you.

- John
   #94 SRX7  <-- it's alive!