(MARRS-RX7) How did the second race go?

Brian Hair brian
Mon Oct 11 15:41:54 CEST 2010

I drove as hard as I could, and was able to hold Dave off for the win in the
10-lap qualifying race.  I turned a 1:30.0 (my best lap of the year) to
Dave's 1:30.1.  I knew the 20-lapper would be much of the same, and it was,
at least until he got by me going into T1.  We had a great battle and I was
making it hard for him to pass my ass.  About halfway, I could not hold him
off any longer, without resorting to driving dirty, but I wanted it to be a
fair fight.  Except for bump drafting, I don't think the two of us had any
metal-to-metal all year, too.  He deserved the win and the championship.
Congratulations, Dave!

Brian Hair
OG Racing
800-934-9112 ext. 14
703-430-3303 ext. 14
brian at ogracing.com

-----Original Message-----
From: spec7-bounces at specrx7.com [mailto:spec7-bounces at specrx7.com] On Behalf
Of Gervais, Al
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2010 9:02 AM
To: 'spec7 at specrx7.com'
Subject: Re: (MARRS-RX7) How did the second race go?

Well done all! Dave, great job and congrats on the back-to-back titles. Glad
it went down to the wire, made it very entertaining for us cheering
spectators. Brian, nice win in the AM race, made it an interesting day for
sure!

On a sad note, the reason yesterday was so long was because the Saturday
race had to be postponed due to a medical emergency in the paddock.

 Chris Fox, long time prod racer and mentor to a great many in the racing
community suffered a fatal cardiac arrest. Chris collapsed shortly after her
race, and the advanced life support resources were there instantly, but
apparently it was just her time. Her loss is being felt by many.