(MARRS-RX7) 2011 class rules

John Maslin jhmaslin
Sat Jan 15 03:09:16 CET 2011

Jack/Greg,

The problem with the revised words is that the $50 Racing Beat pulley is 2
7/8" in diameter.  The $17 one from RE Speed is advertised as 2 5/8".  At
that cost I'd hate to eliminate it, unless that reduction of 1/4" is seen as
too much of an advantage. I don't know.

If 2 5/8" is okay, then I suggest changing the language to "If the air pump
is removed an alternate double sheave alternator pulley is allowed; such as
Racing Beat part #11479 or any alternate pulley of at least 2 5/8 inches
diameter."  If not, then Jack's version from 6:10 today is fine (except I
think the word is spelled 'sheave').

John