(MARRS-RX7) Realistic budget and lifestyle for a racer?

Kevin Hutchens kevin
Wed Mar 9 02:12:31 CET 2011

A rough guess for the season for me (assuming you are working on your own
car and don't do a practice day):

Entry fees (each weekend): $200

Gas (weekend): > $50

Beer/food/etc: $50

Pads/rotors/bearings: $200-300 (would last about 2 events if no practice
day)

Tires/mount/balance/etc: $500 (would last 2-3 events depending on how I
drove/weather/etc)

Transmission/other breakage: $300 (something had to be replaced every 2-3
events or so)

I look back on my first season and figured I spent at least $10k on the full
season, and this was with a lot of spares that I got with my car.

You can do it all, but you have to be serious about it, ask Mr Ade, he
somehow pulls it off (but I bet living AT the track makes it a little
easier).

-SRXKevin