(MARRS-RX7) Congrats to our new licensed drivers!

Matthew Stutt matthew
Tue Mar 22 19:42:03 CET 2011

Danny also described the car has very loose in left hand corners.  This,
coupled with the understeering through T6 very likely implies a wedge
problem (cross weight)  that resulted from his earlier incident.  I'm
guessing that if the car were put on scales that wedge would be something
less than 50%, possibly substantially less.

Also, pet peeve, load is transferred as the car
brakes/accelerates/corners....not weight.  Semantics I suppose, but it seems
absurd to say weight transfer...not like your body physically moves forward
in the car when you hit the brake pedal.

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 1:53 PM, Bill <77 at stuart5.com> wrote:

> Quoting sga.racing at gmail.com on Tue, 22 Mar 2011:
>
>  [...] had a lot of issues with the right front locking going in
>> to 5 and then it pushed like crazy in 6 and had to try and find away to
>> work
>> around that.
>>

> That's easy to fix.  Stop turning after the apex of T4.  :-)
>
> If you are locking up the right front going into T5, it's because you are
> still turning when you hit the anchors.  Not a good idea usually.  Most
> likely you are turning in too early for T4 and not driving *straight* from
> apex of T4 to entry/apex of T5. That should be a perfectly straight line
> going diagonally across the track.  Your left wheel should touch the curbing
> inside T5 at the point where it begins and follow it halfway around.  If you
> are parallel to the left edge of the track before T5, you turned in too
> early.
>
> For T6, it's early, sharp turn-in to get that tail rotating.  A stab at the
> brakes will help transfer weight to the front.  Are you running a rear bar?
>
> Free Advice, you get what you pay for... ;-)
>

>  - Bill
>    Forest Hill, MD

M. Stutt