(MARRS-RX7) 2014 Class Rules

Jack Burrows rx7rainman
Thu Nov 14 06:33:23 CET 2013

Our class rules have to be submitted to SCCA for re-approval by December
31st.  Our rules set seems to be working well as they're currently written.

However, there's been one suggested change which I think merits adoption.
 One of the weak points in first-gen RX7s is the Watts link in the rear
suspension.  The stock link simply isn't up to the task on the track, and
there have been numerous link failures.  The suggestion is that we amend
our rules to allow the use of a MazdaTrix Watts link - part #MZ-1-WATT
which currently costs $37.50.

I strongly recommend that we amend our rules to allow use of the MazdaTrix
link as a safety issue.  Unless there is a strong disagreement on this, I
intend to incoirporate it into the rules set that will be sent to SCCA.
 Otherwise the rules would remain unchanged.

Jack