(MARRS-RX7) 2014 weekend format and schedule

Jack Burrows rx7rainman
Mon Dec 9 01:02:39 CET 2013

The Region's club Racing committee met yesterday (7 December) and set the
MARRS schedule and weekend format for Summit Point races (except the Labor
Day double).

The schedule is:

April 12-13 MARRS and Northeast divisional Championship Series, Summit Point
May 10-11 - Double MARRS/SARRC at VIR
June 21-22 - MARRS at Summit Point
July 12-13 - MARRS at Summit Point
August 9-10 MARRS at Pocono (possible double)
August 30, 31-Sept 1 - Double MARRS at Summit Point
October 4-5 - MARRS at Summit Point

All races will be single MARRS events unless otherwise noted.

We will continue to be in the same race group in 2014 as in 2013.  The
weekend schedule for Summit Point will revert to the schedule we used in
2012.  This means a 15-minute qualifying session and a 10-lap race on
Saturday, with the fastest lap in either determining gride positions for
18-lap races on Sunday.  The points structure has yet to be determined.

We will also hold a single drivers school at Summit Point the weekend of
March 29-30.  SCCA has changed the licensing requirements so that people
coming into the system will only be required to successfully complete one
drivers school (down from two previously) and will then have to
successfully complete three race weekends (note that's weekends, regardless
of whether they're double or single events) instead of the
previously-required two races on a novie permit before being eligible for a
"Full competition" License.

You're probably asking what the heck a "Full competition License" is.  SCCA
has also done away with the two-tier competition license in club racing.
 So there will be no moare "antional" or "regional" licenses.  Instead
there will just be one single license known as a "Full competition
License."

Jack