(MARRS-RX7) 2014 weekend format and schedule

Jack Burrows rx7rainman
Mon Dec 9 19:34:45 CET 2013

Good question, John.  right off the top, the top, the divisional
Championshp Series doesn't have a direct bearing on us SRX7 folks because
we're a DC Region-based class and not recognized as a division-wide class.
 It will have a bearing (how much of one I don't know) on the overall race
organization because it could generate a few additional entries.

The NEDiv Championsip Series can be viewed as an upshot of SCCA's
replacement of national racing with the Majors. Under SCCA's plan,there are
no more "national" races; there are merely Mahjors event and regional
events.  This couples up with the replacement of the two-tiered
national/regional competition license with the single "full competition"
license and allows any driver with a competition license and a car in a
Runoffs-eligible class to enter Majors events.  This is where the
Divisional Championship Sries comes in.

The Majors are the primary path to the Runoffs, but the various divisions
can develop an alternate path.  The Northeast Division (NEDiv) opted to
develop a divisional championship series as that alternate path.  In
creating this new Divisionaol championship, NEDiv further decided to
include a divisional championship program for ALL division-wide classes
(e.g., IT, Club Ford). The series will include one race at each track and
run through the entire season.  At the end of the season, divisional
champions will be recognized in all divisionally recognized classes,
 Although the series will run throughout the season, drivers at the top end
of the points standings in Runoffs-eligible classes at the time of the
cutoff for qualification will receive an invitation to the Runoffs

I apolgize if i've made it sound more complex than it actually is.  It's
still something of a work in progress.

Jack.