(MARRS-RX7) SRX7 and the Club Racing Committee

Jack Burrows rx7rainman
Tue Dec 24 15:58:57 CET 2013

I've talked with the folks at Summit Point about the prospect of us running
events at Dominion without significantly cutting back on our racing at
Summit, and they fully understand and appreciate that we'd be crazy to
ignore a new track in our back yard.  Their stated position is that there's
plenty of demand for track time to support two tracks, that they want to
retain our relationship, and that anything that's good for road racing is
good for Summit Point.  I'm excited about the prospect of Dominion coming
online in a couple years and have also been talking with them.  I've made
it clear to the folks at both Summit and Dominion that I don't see us
picking up our tents and migrating from Summit Point, but I see Dominion as
a prospective venue for use in lieu of part of our out-of-region racing as
well as a venue for part of our PDX program.  Although Dominion's proposed
paddock would pose constraints on our MARRS events, it could easily work
for our PDX program.  The Dominion folks are eager to work with us, and i'm
continuing to talk with them.  I wish I had more definite answers, but
everything is up in the air now.