(MARRS-RX7) SRX7 and the Club Racing Committee

M. Y. M. Mohamed mymmohamed
Tue Dec 24 16:09:08 CET 2013

??? Until the track is built and the SCCA gurus pronounce it safe to race, it's just a concept.? We ran into this issue down here with the new Atlanta Motorsports Park.? The track is gorgeous, designed by F1 designer Herman Tilke.? But like F1 tracks, has a few tight spots that would be carnage the way we like to race.? So, no dice.? And there are noise issues, etc..... So, so far, it hasn't happened.? Though I did see an event on the calendar for 2014.
?
?????Butch Kummar can give you guys more details on what's involved for an SCCA signoff.? That doesn't take into account the local?politics that Jack points out.
?
Yusuf

www.SphinxRacing.com
Visit our site to get up to 40% off of parts at Advance Auto Parts

________________________________
 From: John Maslin <jhmaslin at gmail.com>
To: Spec RX-7 <spec7 at specrx7.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 24, 2013 9:21 AM
Subject: Re: (MARRS-RX7) SRX7 and the Club Racing Committee

Thanks Jack.? I wasn't sure of the relationship, i.e., would Summit care if we did?a?few?races at Dominion,?or is it a matter of us not wanting to lose our dates at SPt as a relative sure thing.??Another track choice would be nice to throw in the mix.? Kind of surprising that Dominion would embark on this enterprise?with paddock space as a constraint right off the bat.? John

The DC Region has had a 40+ year relationship with Summit Point which, like any long-term relationship, has had its ups and downs over the years. ?I believe the "ups" have outnumbered the "downs" by a long shot, and we have a strong and mutually beneficial relationship. ?That's not to say we're joined at the hip. ?Of course, one huge factor in that relationship is that since 1969 Summit Point has been the only road racing venue in our territory. ?I think it would be extremely foolish to sever our relationship with Summit Point, but it would be equally foolish to ignore a new road racing facility in our back yard. ?