(MARRS-RX7) Help! Fuel Pump fuse keeps blowing

John Maslin jhmaslin
Mon May 5 01:29:06 CEST 2014

My fuel pump circuit fuse keeps blowing (20A in block under dash).  This
has been chronic since the end of last season.  I replaced the fuel pump 2
weeks ago.  Started the car 3 or 4 times last weekend and all was well.  It
blew again today trying to load on trailer fro VIR.

The problem started last Labor Day MARRS when I went off into the gravel at
T10.  Got towed back to paddock because it wouldn't start.  Finally found
blown fuse.  Raced the next day, then loaded on the trailer and all was
well.  Later it wouldn't start at home because of fuses.  I have checked
for frayed wires, but found none.  There is a relay in the bin area behind
the driver's seat, but don't know if that's a problem or even how to check
if it is.  Again, it started and ran several times last weekend.  I thought
the new fuel pump had solved the problem.

Thanks, John