(MARRS-RX7) Blown fuses

Bill 77
Mon May 5 20:01:47 CEST 2014

On 2014-05-05 13:38, John Maslin wrote:

> Bill,
> Regarding fuel pumps hard-wired to the battery, shouldn't the fuel
> return line keep the fuel from overflowing if the pump is left on??
> John

Not if the floats stick open.  That's what happened to mine.  Floats
stuck open, engine off, pump on, fuel overflows bowls and onto hot
exhaust.  *POOF*  Fire.

I didn't wire it that way, but I knew it was wired that way and just
didn't take the time to fix it.  If I'd been upside-down in T10 instead
of in tech it could have gotten ugly.  Heck, if I'd gone back to the
paddock instead of tech it would have cost the whole car and maybe a
couple other cars/trucks if nobody was around.  I got very, very lucky.

    # unknown