(MARRS-RX7) welding in additional required roll cage sections

cwarmbrust cwarmbrust at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 28 03:47:03 CET 2019

Alex,

Leaping to assumptions here, but the current GCR Spec requires two vertical bracing bars between the horizontal bars from the front (A piller) roll cage post to the B piller behind the driver. No specific location is spelled out. Added bracing is to strengthen the driver door impact zone. As a routine, a similar addition to the right side is recommended.

The pipe is the same spec as the roll cage material as defined in the GCR.

Beamed in from an iPhone somewhere in space.

> On Oct 27, 2019, at 18:33, Alex C via Spec7 <spec7 at lists.specrx7.com> wrote:

All -
As you know, my car is a bit older and needs a few of the bars added into
the roll cage in order to meet the SSCA safety requirements.

I don't mind welding, but i don't have the material or the knowledge of
where the additional bars exactly need to go (seen it, but don't know if
there are specific measurements/spacing required, etc).  Given their
importance, id much rather have someone burn them in, but not sure where to
go/best way to do this - can someone travel here (don't have the trailer
yet) or do i need to take it somewhere, etc.

Any ideas?

--
V/r

Alex Cumming